Monday, September 9, 2013

No Yeast Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls

Ok, I think I have said this before, but I think this needs repeating. I love love love cinnamon rolls!!! I could probably eat them all day everyday, but I don't. Sadly. Ha Ha. Needless to say I will probably be doing more than a few tutorials for different types of cinnamon rolls on P.S. Pastries.

Here is the latest one that I found (on Pinterest) (P.S. if you want to follow me on Pinterest click this link to my profile!) This recipe is an easy no yeast, buttermilk cinnamon roll. Yummy!

No Yeast Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls
(Adapted from Bakingdom)

Yield 8 Rolls

For the dough:
2 1/2 Cups    AP Flour
3 Tbsp.    Sugar
1 Tsp.    Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp.    Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp.    Salt (omit if using salted butter)
1 1/4 Cups    Buttermilk
4 Tbsp.    Butter (melted and divided into 2)

For the Filling:
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Melted Butter


Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (if used) into a medium bowl.


Add 2 Tbsp. melted butter, and the buttermilk. 


Mix just until combined.


Place onto a floured surface and knead until pretty smooth. The dough will be soft and a little bit sticky still.


Roll out to about 12"x8". Use flour if it is too sticky, but do not over flour dough. Spread melted butter over the dough. I did not measure this amount, you just need to coat the dough.


Place brown sugar and cinnamon on the dough. This I did not measure either, but you can start at 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, if you like a lot of filling just use more brown sugar. I just use enough cinnamon to make a thin coat over the brown sugar.


Roll into a log. Be careful the dough will stick. Just roll gently and take your time. Cut into 8 rolls. Place into a 8" cake pan that has been brushed with melted butter.


Use the remaining 2 Tbsp. of melted butter (from the dough) and brush over the tops of the rolls.


Place into an oven at 425F. Bake for about 20 mins. Until golden brown, they will look like the picture above. 

Top with a glaze or frosting of your choice. I usually use a powdered sugar and water glaze 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 3-4 Tbsp water, mix together until smooth. You can replace the water with pretty much any type of juice or extract. (I have used maple extract, lemon juice, and orange juice (fresh from the orange))


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment