Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I made a tres leches cake for my mom's birthday and had a huge BBQ for labor day, it was great!

So, onwards! When I am making cookies I like for them to be gooey, soft, and buttery! Mmm...Delicious. But, there are others...(like my husband)...that like crunchy cookies! So I went hunting for a crispy cookie recipe that would do the trick.

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from The Curvy Carrot

Yield:About 30 Cookies

1 1/2 Cups    AP Flour
3/4 Tsp.    Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp.    Salt (Omit if using salted butter)
1 Stick    Melted Butter
1/2 Cup    Sugar
1/3 Cup    Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp.    Light Corn Syrup
1 Large    Egg Yolk
2 Tbsp.    Milk
1 Tbsp.    Vanilla
Chocolate Chips (any kind will work)/ Peanut butter chips/ Mint chips/ Cinnamon chips


In a mixer bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup on medium speed until combined with the paddle attachment.


Add the egg yolk, milk, and the vanilla (I use vanilla paste for everything so that is why it looks really thick) mix until combined.


Add the flour, baking soda, and the salt (if used), mix just until combined.


Now, I split mine into two batches, I mixed this one with mint chips.


And this one with regular chocolate chips.


Scoop them out in whatever size you want. If you want consistent cookies I would use a cookie scoop. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake at 375F For 12 mins. Rotate halfway through. Cool on wire rack.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment