Monday, May 20, 2013

Apple Turnovers

So with my rough puff pastry that I just made, I decided to use some homemade applesauce and put together some apple turnovers.

Apple Turnovers
1/2 block of Rough Puff Pastry
Applesauce (as needed)


Roll out puff pastry to about 1/4". I used the biggest round cutter I own, and punched out 9 rounds.


Using a rolling pin, roll out each round into an egg shape.


Dip your fingertip into water and on the bottom half of the egg shape wet the edges.


Place a spoonful of applesauce (or any filling you prefer).


Fold the top over the applesauce (note how it fits just inside the water line).


Press the bottom dough up over the edge sealing in the filling.


This is just for reference on the size of my turnovers.


Place on a sheet pan and brush an egg wash over the tops.

Bake at 350F until golden brown, mine took about 45 mins.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment