Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Banana Bread

I went searching for a banana bread recipe yesterday, I wanted a simple, no frills, plain ole' banana bread. Well, I found one! I am a little bit strange, I don't really like nuts in my banana bread. This recipe was pretty cool, because it didn't call for any nuts! :)

Although, please feel free to add some before adding in the flour. I doubled the recipe to make 2 loaves and I only had 9"x5" loaf pans, so the bread doesn't look as tall. This bread can be frozen after cooling, I have heard that the flavor develops stronger. I haven't experienced it since this bread does not last long at my house! You can also try adding nutmeg, or cinnamon for a more "spicy" bread.

Banana Bread:
Yield: 1 loaf

3-4    Ripe Bananas, Smashed
1/3 Cup    Butter, Melted
3/4 Cup    Sugar
1    Egg, Beaten
1 Tsp.    Vanilla
1 Tsp.    Baking Soda
Pinch    Salt (omit if you use salted butter)
1 1/2 Cups    A.P. Flour


Peel bananas and place in a big bowl.


Using a wooden spoon, mash bananas to whatever lumpyness you like. I like to have some chunks of banana in my bread so I left mine a little chunky.


Mix in melted butter, then add the sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt (if you didn't use salted butter).


Sprinkle the baking soda over the top and mix in. (you can also mix in any nuts at this point)


Next, add in the flour, mix until all the dry is incorporated.


Pour into prepared loaf pan.


Bake at 325F for about 1 hour


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment