Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Iced Lemon Loaf

Today I made a lemon pound cake. The recipe I used was for a copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf. I absolutely love the lemon loaf they have and I have been looking and looking for a recipe that is similar to it, I think I have found it!!! While it does not taste exactly like the one at Starbucks it is similar and very good (and lemony!). This time I made it with a lemon/powder sugar glaze, I think next time I will just do a plain water/powder sugar glaze.

Now onward, here is the recipe.

Starbucks Copycat Iced Lemon Loaf:

1    Box Yellow Cake Mix
4.3 oz    Instant or cook and serve Lemon Pudding Mix
1/2 Cup    Vegetable Oil
4    Large Eggs
1/2 Cup    Milk
8 oz    Sour Cream
6 Tbsp.    Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice


For The Icing:

2 1/2 Cups    Powdered Sugar
3-4 Tbsp.    Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice


                                                            For the Lemon Loaf:



Place everything in a bowl, in no particular order.


Mix everything together so it is combined and smooth. (I used a hand mixer)


Prepare (2) 9"x5" loaf pans with cooking/baking spray, coat well. Pour batter evenly into both pans. 


Bake at 350F for about 45 min. or until a golden color and tester comes out clean when inserted into loaf. Let cool in pans for 15 mins. then place onto a cooling rack.

For the Icing:


Place everything into the bowl, mix until smooth. (I started with 3 Tbsp of lemon juice, then I added in the 4th when I saw that it was still too thick.) Should be drizzling consistency.


Place cooling rack over a sheet pan and pour/drizzle/spoon the icing on. You can choose to finish using the icing that has dripped onto the sheet pan or you don't have to.

*I didn't wait until completely cool to pour the icing on. I waited the 15 mins. while cooling in the pan, then I placed them onto the cooling rack and started making the icing. After the icing was finished I immediately glazed them.*


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment